We undertake all aspects of tree maintenance work
Whether it's an overgrown tree blocking your view or looking untidy, through to diseased and dangerous trees, our tree surgeons can provide expert advice and services to suit your needs. We can work with you to reduce and shape trees you wish to keep and maintain.
Tree surgery comes in various forms, depending upon the outcome required.
- Pollarding - Is a pruning system which has been used for hundreds of years in which the upper branches of a tree are removed, promoting a dense head of foliage and branches.
- Crown Reduction - Is a pruning technique in which the removal of branches and stems to reduce the height and/or spread of a tree. This type of pruning should be done when there is a need to minimize risk of failure of a tree, or reduce interference onto nearby buildings or other structures.
- Crown Thinning - This is the removal of a small percentage of secondary and small live branches to produce a uniform density of foliage around an evenly spaced branch structure.
- Coppicing - This method is mainly used for our woodland management programmes. It’s an old English method which allows you to remove all stems down to stump level. Over the years the species of tree will continue to reproduce new growth.
- We can help identify and remove dead or dangerous limbs.
- Inspect trees to ascertain whether it may be diseased or in need of treatment to help save it.
Our tree surgeons can help with
- Tree felling
- Tree surgery
- Timber extraction
- Tree clearance
- Tree planting and more